While traditional marketing like direct mail and television advertisements can raise awareness of your window business, we all know how important digital marketing has become for any business these days.
Connecting with potential customers, raising awareness of your window business, and convincing people to buy their windows from you or hire you to install their windows is all happening online. And digital marketing best practices change every year. As we near the end of 2019, read on to learn about digital marketing trends for window professionals in 2020.
Personalization is starting to become the standard for successfully engaging customers online. Every window professional in 2020 should be personalizing content and tailoring it their target market’s demographics, online behavior, location, etc. Making the effort to polish your content and provide a personal experience enhances the customer’s shopping journey.
Personalized content engaging audiences with a friendly, engaging tone. Customized interaction generates more sales than general content and is more efficient at nurturing leads. Personalized content might include behavior-triggered emails, ads featuring products website visitors have viewed, and landing pages that target specific demographics.
For window professionals, an example of personalized content is email marketing. Automate emails so that the recipient's first name appears in the content. Tailor the email to align with a segment’s needs and interest in windows for their homes. If someone has viewed the replacement windows on your website, then send them content for experienced homeowners who are remodeling their home. For millennials, prompt them to engage with you on social media, since their generation is more comfortable with electronic communication than speaking on the phone.
2. Chat Box
Installing an automated chat box on your website may feel weird, because it means your customers are talking to a computer. It sounds impersonal on the surface, but it actually improves engagement and serves as a resource for customers seeking answers to simple questions. Additionally, you can follow up with customers using the chat box. Used successfully, the chat box is the first touch point in nurturing that relationship. By 2020, most window professionals will have a chat box on their websites.
3. Voice Search
Smart devices that automate homes are increasingly popular. Virtual assistants like Siri, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa act as a central hub for playing music, checking messages, and shopping online. While shopping online with a virtual assistant, customers conduct online searches with their voice rather than with a keyboard.
Your customers might be searching for windows via their Amazon Alex or their Google Home. Some customers use voice to search online with their smartphones.
Because search terms are dictated to the virtual assistant via voice, the search terms used in voice search are longer than keywords typed into search engines on the computer. Looking towards 2020, voice search will impact search engine optimization. To target keywords used in voice search, create content tailored to long tail keywords.
4. Engaging & Interactive Content
As online marketing for window professionals evolves, content will still be king. Educational content that fulfills customers’ needs and answers their questions will continue to drive traffic. With 2020 approaching, the content you publish on your windows and window installations will have to target long tail keywords and make longer form content easy to digest. For example, longer blogs (1,000-2,000 words) should be structured with subheadings, bullet points, and short paragraphs.
Visual content will continue to engage viewers more than textual content. Here are some examples of engaging and interactive content:
- Do-it-yourself videos and images that will help your readership save money and spruce up their home
- Photos and videos of your past window projects that showcase your work and your quality of service
- Interviews with past customers who share why they loved hiring you to install their new windows
- Infographics educating readers on how to make their home energy efficient with the right windows
5. Live Videos
Not only are live videos some of the most engaging content, but they also show up higher in search results on Facebook and on YouTube. And you can share live videos by embedding them on your website.
Live videos for window professionals can include:
- DIY tutorials
- Window FAQs
- Customer testimonials
- Event coverage
- Window options 101
- Walkthrough a window installation
Try streaming some online content featuring your window business and see how your audience responds. Make sure the image is clear in your videos and your viewers can hear the sound. For SEO best practices, include keywords in your video titles and descriptions.
6. New SEO
Sometimes it feels like as soon as you get used to new SEO best practices, the algorithm evolves and you have to adapt. 2020 will be no different for window professionals. The following new SEO topics will be of importance to window businesses in 2020:
- Improve the user experience of your website by making sure that your page loads quickly. Otherwise, your bounce rate will increase and you may lose visitors and potential customers. Make information like your phone number easy to find on your webpage, and design your website so it’s easy to navigate and easy to understand.
- As time passes, users are more likely to shop on their smartphones than on their desktop computers. It’s more important than ever that the mobile version of your website is user-friendly and effective at engaging visitors.
- With the increasing use of smartphones for shopping and researching products, local search is becoming more important for SEO. Be sure that your Google Business Listing is up-to-date, monitor reviews on your services, and check local SEO citations (mentions of your business name and contact information) for accuracy.
- Optimize your content for voice search. Marketers anticipate that at least half of all searches will be conducted via voice in 2020.
Integrating these digital marketing trends for window professionals in 2020 into your repertoire will improve the success of your digital marketing efforts and give you a head start on preparing for the coming year. Get ahead of the competitor and begin optimizing your website for 2020’s digital world.