The window industry actually lends itself quite well to social media marketing. Your potential clients are searching home improvement topics and trends on their social media accounts, and social media platforms are an excellent place to showcase photos and videos of your windows and window-installation services. Read on to learn more about social media management for windows professionals.
One of the biggest benefits of using Facebook is the sheer size of the user base. According to Zephoria, Facebook has 1.56 billion daily active users. At the very least, you should publish a business page on Facebook for your window-installation services and keep it updated with fresh content.
Your business page is where potential customers will be looking for online word-of-mouth in the form of customer reviews, checking out your work in your photo albums, and looking up information like your phone number, About Us information, and location.
There are a wide variety of possibilities for Facebook posts. First of all, Facebook posts are not limited by the amount of characters in the text. You can upload live videos of your showroom and of window installations, and post updates with your latest blog posts and video uploads.
And don’t forget about the power of Facebook ads. Facebook ads are a great way to extend your reach to your target market as well as retargeting website visitors.
YouTube gets your content in front of 30 million daily active users, and it’s owned by Google, so posting on YouTube will assist you with search rankings. Like Facebook, YouTube is another social media platform where potential customers will be researching home improvement topics and looking for remodeling ideas. YouTube is popular for product reviews, DIY tutorials, home improvement information and more.
Post content to YouTube that will familiarize potential customers with you and your services. Target keywords in your video descriptions, include a link to your website and product pages, and always use a CTA (call-to-action) in the description.
The following are some ideas for YouTube content for windows professionals:
- Take live video at showrooms and at conferences to share with your audience.
- Create buying-guide videos that educate viewers about your windows. Go over different types of windows and the differences between them.
- Post troubleshooting videos that customers can use to learn the ins and outs of their windows and how to solve common issues with them.
- Display your work by featuring a window installation on-site, or post slideshows to share photos of your past work.
- Ask past customers to do a testimonial to get word-of-mouth out there about your offerings.
You’ll also want to consider creating playlists for your YouTube videos and running YouTube ads to extend your reach.
Pinterest is another visual social media platform where you can feature and showcase your work. Pin your best photos of your window installations and link them back to your website and your content. Pins are very engaging for potential customers who are planning a home remodel. According to Hootsuite, Pinterest is second only to Facebook when it comes to influence on purchasing decisions.
Typically, Pinterest users have dream boards featuring inspirational photos for home improvement and home remodels. You want to get your work out there, so people will pin your windows to their boards.
Make sure to develop your profile page with your company’s content and create various boards for the different areas you specialize in and for the different kinds of windows you offer.
As a rule, Twitter is for bite-size content, but it’s also a great platform for staying in touch with other businesses in the window industry and for connecting with your audience of potential customers. Be sure to post visual content on Twitter to get readers’ attention and entice them to click to your website. Post images of your work, post polls to create engagement, and get involved in conversations. Twitter is a great way to stay up-to-date on industry trends and news.
While using Twitter, be sure to use hashtags in your content, so it’s easier to find for potential followers and customers. Make sure you’re using the same hashtags as your target market to get your content in front of them.
How to Stay Connected on Social Media
In general, follow these tips to stay connected with your audience on your social media platforms:
- Post valuable, evergreen content to show your authority and increase brand awareness. Content like home improvement blog posts, infographics, and product brochures will get users’ ongoing attention.
- Follow social media posting trends to get in front of your audience. For example, use hashtags like #motivationalmonday, #throwbackthursday, and #followfriday to stay current and get your posts shared.
- Post regularly and keep your content fresh to keep followers engaged.
- Be proactive and join in the conversation. Comment on your followers’ content, like their posts, and share some user-generated-content (like photos of home remodels). Start the conversation if you have to.
- To get the conversation going, post content that sparks discussion and response, like polls, questions, UGC (user-generated-content), etc.
Building an effective social media presence can take some time, but the effort you put in will be worth it when you begin to see more website traffic and more engagement with your target audience, and ultimately, when you sell more windows.